Translate

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Barbie goodies and a Thank you!

Let me start by saying yesterday was a "bad" day. I was not able to get to the laptop and post, which also kept me from showing this first photo as a special "treat" to Lindsey over at TwoCrazyCrafters. I have so enjoyed all of her Barbie Wednesday posts and wanted to share with her two of my treasured Barbie items from MY youth
Yep, these are 45 RPM records and they still play and sound GREAT - no scratches ladies! They came out for a limited time in the early 70's and each had an outfit to go with the song title. There were a total of 3 made and I did have all three, much to my horrific surprise when I went to pull these out to photograph, the third record and outfit were missing!!! Well, at least these two are still here and the first is titled Fly Children Fly and the second is Rapping in Rhythm; by the way the third was titled Here In Nashville and the outfit was red and white with a very ruffly blouse and mid calf full skirt with matching white boots and red "painted" lacings plus a white cotton "lace" shawl. The Fly Children Fly outfit is missing its sheer white blouse and leather lace up belt as well as a pink scarf.
So, here's a toast to you Lindsey - an other Barbie lovers -
just a little treasured blast from my past that brings back very fond memories!
These next two photos are of a Make-and-Take I made at Simply Scrapbooks. Fun and a little messy using Tim Holz' Alcohol Inks, rubber stamps, Staz on ink and markers. If you haven't tried using the alcohol inks, go to your local shop that is offering a class and take it, just fun, fun, fun with so many possibilities and a cool look!

This was to be a mini tag album with the individual pieces of scrapbook paper adhered to the back side of each clear plastic piece as shown below. But I hesitated and decided to save the individual elements to possibly use on a scrapbook page or pages.


Today wasn't a total mail loss - finally got my Nov. issue of CK mag. I was kinda jealous as my friend Hilda called the other day and said she had her's already!!! At least I have it for my all day crop this Saturday!



Here's a quick peek at a little item I'm working on, using a canvas panel, silk leaves, raffia and probably a couple other items. Hard to see in this photo but both the wood letter and the canvas have been painted using glitter paint. I think I'll redo the canvas so its darker. I'll post later when its complete.


One other note before I sign off, "THANK YOU" so much to Karen over at PoshLittle.com for featuring my Halloween chipboad album I have in my shop at Etsy on her site. What a wonderful surprise to find her post in my comments! Just made me day!!

Have a great one everyone!



3 comments:

Hilda said...

Love the Barbie stuff and can't wait to see what the canvas will look like! Keep us updated!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I had no idea they made records! Wow! Those are beautiful!
I love the groovy Barbie outfits too! Don't you love the boots? They stay on much better then the pumps! I have only seen those outfits in books!
But have never heard of the records! You have quite a treasure! Thank you so much for sharing them with me.
Lindsey

Jessi Nagy said...

hey there,
eeekk look at that fab barbie stuff. lucky!!!
oxoox,
jessi