Translate

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sparkle and Snowflake Swap I was in...

I neglected to post about the other swap I participated in: the Sparkle and Snowflake Swap hosted by Holly.
My swap pal Eve in Oregon sent me these lovely blue sparkling snowflakes and...
Gold glittering reindeer ornaments. You should have seen all the glitter when I opened the package, WOW , it was like "magic dust" all around me!


Eve also knitted this wonderful scarf, I've been battling my 18 year old daughter, Morgan over it ever since it arrived! The girl owns over 7 scarves as it is but insists she doesn't have a multi brown one that looked perfect with the outfit she had on...

The following are the items I sent Eve for the swap:
This white ornament with snowflakes and rhinestones...

a package of snowflake tags...



a glittering banner I made with a Martha Stewart kit - HAPPY HOLIDAYS -
I added the poinsettias in between each letter using the Making Memories paper flowers.
Sorry, accidentally deleted the photo I had of the banner strung out.

This cute VINTAGE Santa boot I found at a local antique store.
The red flocking on it was still in pretty good condition,
but I decided to cover it with red glitter - also included candy canes to fill it with.
Picked up a wooden E at Michael's and went to town with Martha Stewart's red glitter,
then added the paper poinsettia and a gold leaves from a pick.
A monogram ornament for Eve.
a cute reindeer embellished gold mesh basket that I added pink crepe paper
(from my friend Binda in Australia and the vintage pink swap)
then filled with french vanilla soap and fizzing bath balls.

All the items together - also sent the gold glittered NOEL and the
little green glittering tree.
Two little monogramed sticky note cards,
a red charm for a necklace
as Eve likes to make jewelry and a
few gift tags I embellished with more of the poinsettias.

Receiving the swaps I did during the holidays made it all the
more merry for me wth two new friends being the best gift of all.

4 comments:

Hilda said...

Wow, like I said last time, I want to be YOUR swap partner!! You give some awesome gifts! Thanks for sharing!

The Muse said...

good golly it's like a CHRISTMAS extension! I love it!

Neabear said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful swap experience! That is great! Lovely stuff!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Making new friends is the best part of swapping! Twyla